Current Shift founder Melissa Bearns (center) with advisory board members Joy Keen (left) and Alyssa Kuchenreuther (right) finish up a fun, muddy day of volunteer trail work in Forest Park, Portland on Earth Day.
At Current Shift, we specialize in digital marketing and brand communication for mission-driven companies and organizations. From social media to content marketing to advertising to long-term strategy and planning, if it happens in the digital landscape, we’ve got you covered.
Digital Analysis and Reporting
It’s the foundation of everything we do. Gut instinct and inspiration are essential to excellent marketing, but we also believe in tracking and analyzing it all. We use in-depth analysis and reporting to guide long-term strategy and planning. Ongoing analysis gives us the insight and information we need to revise and pivot so we can leverage successes and respond to changes in the digital landscape.
We offer a few different types of Digital Analysis and Reporting including:
- A one-time or yearly in-depth analysis of digital marketing and communication with an accompanying report outlining important trends, insights and takeaways, combined with actionable recommendations for improvement to guide both short- and long-term planning and strategy.
- Ongoing monthly and quarterly analysis and reporting to track and analyze performance, pinpoint trends and high-performing strategies, and adjust our planning to maximize outcomes.
Digital Marketing and Content Strategy and Planning
We use information gained from our Digital Analysis, combined with other data and reports such as market trends, then work closely with our clients to develop comprehensive plans to meet marketing and sales goals. Our plans are specifically tailored for your resources and the needs and skills of your team.
We offer two types of Digital Marketing and Content Strategy Planning:
- Short-term planning: Our short-term plans are designed to either guide you through a specific “event” such as a holiday promotion season, a product launch, or a short-term integrated campaign; or to give you some structure and guidance to get you moving in the right direction after we’ve finished your analysis and are working with you on your long-term plan.
- Long-term planning: Our long-term plans are based on your needs and usually cover 12-18 months in detail, with longer range planning for an additional year or two. They’re designed to give you goals to shoot for at regular intervals, define long-term outcomes, and outline a step-by step-process to get you there. Along the way, we also make sure your team is building a strong foundation. Each step in the process builds on the one before it and sets you up for success in the next phase. The plans are also designed to be flexible, so we can adjust strategies as we gain more data and insights to guide us.
Digital and Social Media Promotions and Campaigns
We’ve helped our clients conceptualize, plan and execute more than 100 highly successful digital and social media campaigns since Current Shift was founded. From simple giveaways to full-blown brand campaigns, we use our expertise to ensure campaigns and promotions meet our clients’ goals.
No matter what you want to accomplish — increasing website traffic and conversions, building your consumer base and expanding your audience, driving brand awareness and loyalty, engaging consumers in a meaningful way related to your core mission, or something else — we’ll work with you to develop a campaign that delivers quantifiable, trackable results. Depending on your needs, we’ll manage and run the entire campaign for you, guide your in-house team through the process, or something in between.
Digital and Social Media Advertising
The digital advertising landscape changes at a dizzying pace. We have extensive experience and a high level of expertise in the following types of digital and social media advertising:
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Retargeting / Remarketing
- Search Engine Marketing (e.g. Google Ad Words)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Content Creation & Management
Our creative team can develop and manage content for any and all of your digital channels and manage all planning, scheduling and posting of content.
The channels we manage include:
- Websites (updates, basic web development etc.)
- Email Newsletters
- Social Media networks
- Digital Advertising
- and more
The types content and content services we offer include:
- Writing, copywriting and editing
- Graphics and graphic design
- Web Design (updates, creation of micro-sites & landing pages to support Digital Marketing Campaigns)
- and more
Influencer Outreach and Public Relations
As part of our ongoing strategies with our clients, we often integrate outreach and relationship building with influencers, bloggers and key media in the digital space. Traditionally this work falls under the heading of “public relations”. Our approach tends to be extremely targeted to support specific campaigns or promotions, and focuses on building long-term relationships with digital media influencers, rather than one-off types of coverage.
Brand Voice Development and Guides
Would it be on brand for you to write a post that said “Check yo’self before you wreck yo’self!”? It is for Forever 21, where that copy comes from, but certainly not for Bloomingdale’s or Nordstrom. Most companies already have some idea of what their brand voice and personality is, but have never defined it or written it down. Often, the primary content creator is the brand voice. Developing a Brand Voice and Personality Guide makes it easy to share your vision of the brand’s personality and the defining aspects of brand voice with your entire team, which in turn allows you to be consistent across all channels.
When developing a Brand Voice and Personality Guide, we work with the key team members who’ve been involved in creating and representing the brand, usually the company’s founder(s) and/or brand manager, and the primary content creators. Together, we identify the core elements of brand personality and communication style and then define and refine how that translates into written, visual, and verbal communication across channels.
Effective brand positioning means that you’ve carved out a niche for your brand that is unique to you and only you, that cannot be easily copied, and that sets you apart from your competitors. It is the pinnacle of your brand, and should guide every decision you make, from how you develop your products to who you market them to.
We work with our clients to identify the most essential aspects of the brand and to distill them down to a clear brand position that defines that unique space in the market.
Systems & Process Optimization
Nothing holds back a team more than inefficient systems for managing communication, projects, and digital content planning and management. We’ve worked with dozens of our clients to identify the bottlenecks and find the solutions that work best for their team.
We can help you save time and resources by putting in place streamlined, efficient systems for managing digital marketing, campaigns and digital content.